How To Remove Powered By WordPress From The Footer of Your WordPress Website
Remove Powered By WordPress Credit From The Footer Of Your Website
Today I am going to show you how to remove the Powered by WordPress credit from the footer of your WordPress website. Straight to the point let’s go.
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard, go to Appearance, then click on Editor.
- From the right side, scroll down and click on ‘Theme Footer’ or ‘(footer.php)’.
- Search for the lines of code that display the ‘Powered By blah blah blah’, Designed By ‘blah blah blah’. If this sounds Greek to you just look for anywhere on the footer written ‘Powered By’ and ‘Designed By’.
- Trace the lines to their beginning to locate this sign <?php, and then add two slashes just after the <?php sign like this <?php // , then click the Update File button.
- Now, reload the website. They should be gone by now.
Please comment below to tell us your experience. Thank you.